Tuesday 16 December 2014

Book in Every Stocking 2014 - Oliver and the Seawigs suggested by Alan aged 5


Every Festive season we at Space on the Bookshelf campaign to Santa encouraging him to 'put a book in every stocking'. We know that it is very difficult matching books to children, especially with sooo many great books out there so we give him a helping hand! We ask book lovers who have contributed to the blog in the year to write a letter to the man in red, recommending a stocking filler book.

So here we have a Stocking Filler suggestion from the son of one of our WOW! Comics, Graphic Novels and Magazines! features, illustrator and comic expert Simon Russell, to read Simon's interview press here.
 





Dear Father Christmas

My dad asked me which book I liked enough from this year that we should ask you to put in the stockings of every boy and girl. He read me lots of really fun stories since last Christmas, but the one I want to share is Oliver And The Seawigs by Philip Reeve and Sarah McIntyre. It's a fantastic adventure with some super drawings and GREEN SEA MONKEYS!


A brilliant thing about this book is Dad could read it out loud on the first time without mixing up the voices or saying the wrong words too loudly (Dad says most books are not written with enough thought about how to sight-read with the right stresses but it's ok - he mutters a lot about things like that).

This was my first long book that didn't have a picture on every page and I loved it! I hope the other children get to read it too.


Love from Alan (age 5)

PS can I have their new book about Cakes In Space in my stocking this year? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?