Monday 7 December 2015

Book in Every Stocking Suggestion from Amanda Hatter - It’s your world, get informed, get inspired and get going by Chelsea Clinton




So today's Book in Every Stocking suggestion comes from Amanda Hatter author of Callum Fox and the Mousehole Ghost that we featured on the blog in January to read the features press here.



Dear Father Christmas


If I could recommend one book, to be popped into stockings all over the world this Christmas, it would have to be Chelsea Clinton’s ‘It’s your world, get informed, get inspired and get going.’ It’s an amazing book that I pick up whilst visiting the UN head office earlier this year. I read it with my 14 year old daughter and it sparked more conversations and thought than either of us had expected. Every chapter covers a different issue, from cancer and obesity to poverty, war and child brides. It’s an easy and accessible read, full of facts, graphs and real life inspiring stories. I’d recommend it for all teens, in particular girls. It motivated my teen and I to think about what we could do to make a difference and I hope you get a lot out of it too.


Wishing all the readers of Space on the Bookshelf a very happy Christmas!


AC Hatter



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?